Thursday, 15 November 2012

OOTD: A Little Black... Zara Dress!


Zara | £29.99

Dress- Zara £29.99 | Shoes- New Look £24.99 | Bag- Dorothy Perkins
 
Hi everyone. This OOTD choice is more for an evening event, party or an occasion rather than the casual daytime outfits I usually upload! So last week was my friends 21st birthday (so much fun) and the plan was that she would be having a gathering/party and some beverages at her student house and then later go to one of the clubs nearby (we have a few to choose from!)… Well if a 21st birthday party isn’t a good enough excuse to go out and purchase a new dress, then I don’t know what is! I was desperate to find something that was quite smart that also looked dressy up enough for a 21st birthday- you have to find the right balance from what you would usually wear out to a night club to something where you’ve made a great effort, I think a sophisticated look is a must for an event like this! Anyway I was wondering round the shopping centre with no idea of the type of dress I even wanted, all I knew is I wanted something more fitted rather than loose. I tried on a really beautiful dress in Topshop but it ended up being a tiny bit too long and ended I up looking too sophisticated and too dressy! How is it there is a line that can be so easily crossed between too much, and not enough? It is so easily done… however I did put the Topshop dress on the maybe list if nothing better had come up by the end of the shopping trip. I looked in all the usual high street stores and nothing really grabbed my attention. But of course, for an occasion like this (and pretty much any other) there is always a Zara to save you! 

There were a few dresses I really fell in love with in Zara, one was a beautiful dark green, long sleeved dress with a gold army style buttoned fastening on the top left shoulder and black leather detailing around the neckline and cuffs- the detail was really lovely- but again it didn’t feel right for a 21st birthday- fussy, I know- but who isn’t! After a good few to select from I tried on the black dress with faux leather shoulders and fell in love straight away! The fit was just perfect and I also loved the length! It was a quick, thoughtless purchase, I had to have it. I then decided I needed a new pair of heels for the outfit, so went into New Look and picked up these heels for only £25! Yes, just £25! They’re so comfy and the shape at the front of them is soooo cute, there not your average round/pointed front heels they’re more structured and meet in a point at the front of your foot. I didn’t even need another pair of black heels, but of course, being a girl, we don’t like wearing the same things twice- let alone wearing something a second time to a friend’s birthday- oh I wish this wasn’t the way, I would probably have a lot more money if this wasn’t the case haha but I do love having new outfits!

 

Girls, if you need a dress for an occasion like this… Zara is a must!

& if you’re looking for a cheap, cute pair of simple heels, check out New Look before spending a fortune!

Love Stacey 
xx

8 comments:

  1. I love this Zara TRF range! And I'm glad somebody else understands the fine balance a dress needs for a special night out that's a bit different to just a standard night. It's always quite stressful hunting something out for them.

    Elise x

    http://www.letterfromelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely isn't it! Haha yes there is a definite line to not cross, I couldn't agree more it's a nightmare finding the perfect dress!! Ha

      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh! you're sooo beautiful! :)

    I'm your new follower.
    Love, J

    http://pastelpinklove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that's so sweet, thank you :D

      Just looked at your blog- it's very good!

      Thaks for the follow, I can't see a GFC to follow you on your blog?

      xx

      Delete
  3. oh wow, that dress is stunning! You look amazing in it too :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress!I love ZARA!Following you now!

    http://theotherside-bg.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! :) haha glad to know I'm not the only one who decides one (or three, fours, five....) pairs of black shoes are just not enough. Or any excuse for new dresses....

    http://iamcollecting.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear :) you can definitely never have enough, I hope many girls would agree haha!

      xx

      Delete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...