Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Capturing the moment

1. I bought this simply jar from TK MAXX for just £1.49
2. I decorated it with a pretty ribbon
3. I started to record notes of the moments that made me happy
4. And created a pot in which I can fill with great moments!


A Handful of Memories

So, I'm aware this post is a little late into 2013 (better late than never right?) and I was planning on doing this a lot sooner, however I’ve only just managed to buy a jar for this post (which was pretty much the whole point haha) BUT I’ve now bought one and wrote up my notes of what I wanted to include in the jar, so here goes…

At the beginning of the year I had seen a lot about memory pots and good ways to record memories throughout the year. The years just seem to fly by! It ends up getting to the end of the year and I always say to myself, where has this year gone? But this year I’ve decided to do things differently and record some memories in some sort of positivity jar. The aim of the jar is to capture memories and positive moments throughout the year by just writing a note or a few sentences on a small piece of paper of things that have made you happy or just made you smile and then adding it to the jar.

I decided to do this memory pot with my boyfriend, so we can record the happy memories and moments which mean a lot to us (and which we tend to forget). The first positive thing to add to the jar for 2013 was having my boyfriend Ashley as my New Years kiss; it was prefect and takes a well deserved place in the jar as a starting off point.

I bought this cheap jar for just £1.49 from TK MAXX and decorated it with a simple ribbon for now and can add more to it at a later stage, I also thought the 'Made with Love' writing on the front was really cute and fitted the idea of the jar well. We will be writing little notes of positive thoughts/moments and enjoyable memories throughout the year and then the plan is to open the jar next New Years Eve and read through all the positive and happy moments from this year, by doing this it helps to be grateful for those little things which sometimes people may tend to forget easily but which play a big part in making us happy. I can’t wait to create some amazing memories for this year.

Hope you enjoyed this! It's something quick, cheap and easy to create (really cute too!). Is this something anyone else has considered creating or would be inspired to now create?

12 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this idea darling, the jar is really cute - T.K.Maxx is fab for items like this!

    Eda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I didn't realise how many cute little items Tk Maxx had in their homewear section until I was browsing for this jar, they're great! xx

      Delete
  2. the jar is absolutely gorgeous! i'm doing the same this year, but settled for some empty jam jars and decorated them myself. i can't believe it's almost February already!

    sophiellafashion.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh it's such a good idea to do something like this :) oo I know the year is going way too quick already haha xx

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely idea, I saw someone else doing this too and I definitely want to join in the fun! :)

    Kirsti xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsti! Yes, you should definitely join in :) xx

      Delete
  4. ah this is such a lovely idea i really want to do this, will look so nice in a room too :) thanks for sharing stacey ! ox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, you're welcome :) xx

      Delete
  5. omg this is supper cute!! what an awesome idea!! so cute! :)
    im now following your blog i love it!! haha
    hope you can follow back :)
    xo
    -Janice
    UnwrittenDetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks!! Of course, would love to follow back xx

      Delete
  6. This is too cute!! Love this :)
    xoxo Paula
    www.ifiwarg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...