Wednesday, 14 August 2013

An Enchanted Forest!


Shirt | Charity Shop £3
Belt | Vintage £10
Necklace | New Look
Shoes | Dr. Martens
Sunglasses | George at ASDA £3.50

Yesterday I went along to a little day out with some of my family to Groomsbridge Place, in Kent. I didn’t expect it to be so pretty so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find there was an enchanted forest and lots of other things to see and do. We started our trip with a boat ride along the river and ended up in the middle of the enchanted forest, sometimes I just love being outside in the middle of nature, it can be so pretty! My family and I love to make the most of any fun opportunities we have, they’re all a little mad haha so we are in the middle of the forest and a game of ‘tag your it’ starts and I just had the most fun running around with us all acting as if we were 10 again, of course we did have my 12 year old sister, my 13 year old nephew and my 1 year old niece was with us so I think the game was erm acceptable. After a highly amusing half an hour of chasing each other around various wooden obstacles and hiding in manmade wooden dens we decided to carry on our stroll through the forest, following the map as we went. 

Next came the giant swings! They hung on the highest hills we could have possibly climbed (with a buggy) and were so high and slightly scary, but being us… my older sister and I (yes big kids) decided we would have a go together... the swings go quite fast with two adults on them and you can’t stop yourself, you need someone at the end to stop the swing whilst you jump off, of course that wasn’t the plan for the rest of the family, we weren’t allowed off because it was so amusing with us screaming for them to stop swinging us… but I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed as much. I just couldn’t hold on with laughter and I ended up laughing so much I was crying. Such a funny moment! We all had such a lovely day at the enchanted forest and I would definitely recommend it for a nice family or couple day out, I would definitely advise to take a picnic though, the cafĂ© prices in my opinion were overpriced for what you get; a can of coke was £1.50, enough said! They have some lovely little picnic areas scattered around too.

I decided to add in some outfit snaps from the day too! I picked up this throw on shirt from a charity shop for just £3, such a bargain. I literally wear it with everything now haha. I love finding bargain pieces from charity shops, I just wish I had more time to go to them more often.

8 comments:

  1. Your outfit is gorgeous. Love your vintage style - especially this shirt from the charity shop!!
    I wanna know what charity shops you shop at.. im in west sussex.. can never find anything good!

    http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This shirt was when I was charity shopping in Shoreditch, there's quite a few in a row there :) xx

      Delete
  2. Love this shirt, and your hair looks awesome like this!
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stumbled across your blog and I love it! Your style is so nice, love the scrunchie and your hair like that. xx

    Abby | Beauty and a Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute outfit, love that shirt!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw it sounds like you had a really nice day out! i reallly like this outfit! what an amazing bargain that shirt was, i followed :)

    http://aloveaffairwith.blogspot.co.uk/







    !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is so perfect!!!!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...