ST.MORIZ £.2.99 | Savers
Hey! Today’s post is a little different from the usual outfit posts, but I have been wanting to do a review on this product for ages now so here goes!
I was first introduced to this tan at Uni, where all my friends were using it and I was still using the expensive Rimmel instant tan at like £11.99 a bottle, so I decided for just £2.99 I may as well give this a go, nothing to lose right? Well, I can honestly say I'm so glad I did. As a regular fake tan user for nights out/weekends this has become a little gem! I just apply 1 or 2 nights before (depending on the tan shade you want) I usually apply 2 nights before I go out, then again the night before to top up on the washed off excess. This is an instant self tanning mousse which lasts days; however when you apply the first coat, leave it for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight if easier, then when you wash in the morning a gradual layer will wash off revealing a streak free natural looking tan.
When I first started using this I did buy the MEDIUM shade, which gives you a good overall colour. However now I'm used to the way the tan works and what colour tan I like to have for nights out I use the DARK shade, just because I find I don’t have to apply as much (lasts longer) so I could get away with just applying it the night before I'm going out to gain an overall tanned look. I’ve honestly never experienced streaks with this tan which I love! However I do make sure when I apply with the mitt I take my time and blend all the tan in properly. I also find that one bottle lasts me ages, at least a few months with me using it a minimum of once per week.
+ Gives you a streak free tan
+ For just £2.99 it’s extremely cheap!
+ You can see the tan being applied so you can see how evenly it goes on
+ Lasts 4/5 days with good previous exfoliation
+ Soaks into the skin and dries quickly
+ Sold on the high street in stores such a Savers & Wilkinson
- The only thing I don’t like about this tan is that once it’s been on for about a week it starts looking patchy where some parts are washing off easier, but I would just advised to scrub scrub scrub in the shower to improve this
- The top of the bottle can leak around the lid- but it does advise you on the bottle to rinse after use. If I need to travel with the bottle I stuff tissue in the lid so any leaks are quickly absorbed
- Exfoliate before applying! This will make it last longer and won’t rub off patchy marks
- If applying before bed, cover up in long P’Js, leggings etc to avoid any tan rubbing off on bed covers
- Apply using a self tan mitt!!!
- Don’t use too much on your hand area (this is probably the only area where it doesn’t wash off to a lighter shade after first wash)
- I wouldn’t advise using on your face, unless you’re really brave with the colour but they do sell a face tan also
Happy tanning :)