Tuesday 18 February 2014

London Fashion Week!



Saturday was day one of London fashion week for me! I kicked it off with the Xiao Li show, which admittedly was the show I was most excited for, after last season’s extreme knitwear I knew I had to see this show! Xiao Li is definitely an exceptionally talented new designer who I just love. The show was just perfection with a strong reflection of pastel blues and deep blue leathers, fishnet detailing and oversized panelling! The models owned the catwalk with their washed through dull pink hair and matching pink eyes to complement the colour of the collection. The show ended with the lights dimmed for the final model to showcase a neon blue light detailing on the final look – design at its best!

After the first show I went along to the ZEYNEP KARTAL show, which was just as brilliant. The shows proved a totally different design direction with the Kartal show boasting heavily glittered and embellished pieces. I particularly loved the sequinned bodies, showing animal print inspiration. The collection took a bridal/gown silhouette shaping throughout with a strong sense of sheer sectioning. The colour direction for this collection included white, greys, golds, reds and silvers.

I always love the whole atmosphere surrounding London Fashion Week. The shows and the experience are what make a career in fashion all the more worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are read and very much appreciated, so thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...